News & Seminars
Dr. David Thoman and Dr. Kimberly Grafton of Advanced Surgical Associates offer you current news on minimally-invasive techniques for resolving gastrointestinal disorders, obesity, and diseases of the breast. They encourage you to visit this page regularly to hear the latest news from their practice.
Weight Loss Seminars & Support Groups
If you are struggling with obesity and considering weight loss options as a solution, we encourage you to join us for one of our informational weight loss seminars offered across the Central Coast. We can help you determine if our minimally-invasive laparoscopic techniques, either gastric bypass or LAP-BAND® weight loss surgery in Santa Barbara, California could be right for you. Before undergoing the surgery, you need to be fully aware of the benefits and risks, as well as the required lifestyle changes. Call our office at (805) 730-1470 for dates, times, and locations.
- Bariatric Nutrition Classes - All classes are held from 5:30-7:30 at Cottage Hospital in Santa Barbara.
- Lompoc Support Group Schedule - These monthly group meetings start at 7:00pm at Lompoc Hospital Cafeteria.
- Santa Barbara Support Group Schedule - These monthly group meetings start at 5:30pm at Cottage Hospital in Santa Barbara.
- Santa Maria Support Group Schedule - These bi-monthly group meetings start at 5:30pm at the Santa Maria Radisson Hotel in the Columbia Room.
- Weight Loss Surgery Seminars - Find a seminar near you in Santa Barbara, Santa Maria or San Luis Obispo.
Los Angeles LAP-BAND® Patients Experience Fewer Complications than Gastric Bypass
Advanced Surgical Associates of Santa Barbara finds that their Los Angeles LAP-BAND® patients enjoy a quicker recovery and fewer complications than gastric bypass surgery patients. Read More »
Dr. Thoman Offers "Scarless" Weight Loss Surgery for Fresno Patients
Bariatric surgeon Dr. David Scott Thoman provides scarless weight loss surgery for Fresno residents at his Santa Barbara practice. Read More »
Obesity Specialist in Santa Barbara County Comments on LAP-BAND® Study
A recent study indicates that LAP-BAND® surgery, in addition to achieving the health benefits of weight loss for the morbidly obese, can also improve psychological health. Bariatric surgeon Dr. David Thoman says this is true for his patients. Read More »
We Are Here for You
To learn more about our practice, request a consultation online with Dr. David Thoman or Dr. Kimberly Grafton, or call the office of Advanced Surgical Associates at (805) 730-1470. We see patients from Santa Barbara, Bakersfield, San Luis Obispo County, and Ventura, California for weight loss surgery, breast cancer surgery, and other laparoscopic procedures.