Weight-loss Options in Central & Southern California
Despite determined efforts to diet and exercise, thousands of Americans struggle with their weight. If your struggle has reached a point where your weight has become a life-threatening matter, medical weight-loss treatment may be the most sensible option for you. Many women and men have finally regained control of their lives in Santa Barbara, California, through weight-loss surgery and other treatments from board-certified surgeon Dr. David Thoman.
When it comes to deciding which weight-loss method is best for you, there are many factors to consider. The following pages provide information about your options to help you make a well-informed decision.
- About Obesity: Understanding the factors that lead to obesity can provide insight into your own weight problem.
- Am I a Candidate: Find out what makes a person a good candidate for weight loss surgery.
- The Thoman Tube Diet: Lose up to 10% of your body weight in 10 days with this diet developed by Dr. Thoman.
- Gastric Bypass: Learn about this time-tested surgical weight loss procedure that Dr. Thoman performs laparoscopically.
- LAP-BAND®: This adjustable and reversible surgical procedure is rapidly gaining popularity in the US.
- Preparation & Recovery: Weight loss surgery requires specific preparation and continued dedication to specific lifestyle changes.
- Real Patient Testimonials: Some of our actual patients share their inspiring stories of success.
Specializes in minimally-invasive gastrointestinal and weight loss surgery. Read His Bio
"Scarless" Surgery Is Here
Dr. Thoman offers the single incision laparoscopic surgery (SILS) technique for this procedure. For more information, don't hesitate to call our office.
We Are Here for You
Are you ready to begin your journey to lasting weight loss? We encourage you to attend one of our informational weight loss seminars. If you think surgery might be a good option for you, request a consultation online with Dr. David Thoman or call the office of Advanced Surgical Associates at (805) 730-1470. We see patients from Santa Barbara, Bakersfield, San Luis Obispo County, Fresno, Ventura and Los Angeles for gastric bypass surgery and other laparoscopic procedures.